Applies to: iPhone 11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11, iPhone XS Max/XS/XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s
Have you ever met the following problems:
- "Why can't I directly import photos from my Windows PC to my iPhone using USB?"
- "How can I download movies from Windows 10 to my iPhone 8 Plus via the USB cable?"
- "Can I put music on my new iPhone X from my computer using USB without iTunes?"
If Yes, you're coming to the right place. In this tutorial, we will share two easy methods to help you copy files to iPhone from PC with a USB cable, whether you have iTunes or not. Both two methods share a common feature: transferring files from PC to iPhone using USB. But in terms of data type that every approach supports transferring, there is a little bit difference between them.
- EaseUS MobiMover: Allows you to transfer almost all popular iOS data including photos, videos, music, ringtones, audiobooks, voice memos, contact, notes, and more.
- iTunes: Only allows you to transfer apps and some media files like photos, music, TV shows, movies.
Method 1. How to transfer files from PC to iPhone via USB using EaseUS MobiMover
This is the simplest and quickest way among all the ways to put files to iPhone from PC. EaseUS MobiMover is a full-way iOS data transfer tool that is developed for transferring data between an iOS device and a computer or moving files between two iOS devices. Thus, transferring files from iPhone to PC without iTunes is practical using this tool.
All you need is a supported USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer and download MobiMover to start the data transfer. Below are some of its outstanding features on transferring files from PC to iPhone:
- Time-saving: It takes only several minutes to transfer over 1000 + photos and songs in large sizes.
- Wide coverage of files: Supports transferring 20+ types of data like photos, videos, contacts, messages, etc.
- No data loss: Unlike iTunes, MobiMover will not erase your iPhone while transferring files.
- Compatible with macOS and Windows.
- iOS data management: You can add, edit, organize, and delete iPhone files on your computer with more convenient keyboard operation.
- Online video downloading: You can use the Video Downloader of MobiMover to download Twitch clips or download videos from DailyMotion, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, and other pop sites.
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable and tap "Trust" on your device when a pop-up appears and asks you to trust this computer. Open EaseUS MobiMover and choose the "PC to Phone" mode. Move your mouse to the right pane and click "Select Files".
Step 2. Windows File Explorer will open, go to select the files or folders that you want to transfer from PC to your iPhone and click "Open".
Step 3. The selected files will display on the interface for you to preview. "Add File" lets you add more files at this step. Finally, click "Transfer" to begin importing data from PC to iPhone using the USB cable. Don't disconnect your device while transferring. When the transferring accomplishes, open the corresponding apps to check the content.
If you need to transfer photos from PC to iPhone without iTunes, EaseUS MobiMover is a workable way.
Method 2. How to put files to iPhone from PC via USB using iTunes
If you want to transfer apps and media files from PC to iPhone, then you can use iTunes to do it easily. It worth mentioning that iTunes will erase your current data on the iPhone. And these data can not be recovered anymore. If you don't want to lose any data on your device, you can navigate to Method 1 to do it without data loss. If you don't mind it, go ahead to transfer movies, photos, music, podcasts, etc. from computer to your iPhone via iTunes.
Step 1. Prepare for the files you want to transfer to your iPhone from PC. You'd better put them in a place where is easy to get.
Step 2. Open you iTunes > Connect your iPhone to your computer.
Step 3. Under Settings, click on "Photos" (any type of data you want to transfer), here we take Photos as an example.
Step 4. Select the checkbox next to each item that you want to transfer, and then select the folders that store the photos you'd like to transfer.
Step 5. Click Apply. And then, all photos will be synced to your iPhone or iPad.
- Transferring large files like images, photos and videos from PC to iPhone often takes a long time. To make it easier, you can transfer images via methods that are dedicated to photos transfer only.
Bonus Tip: How to transfer files from iPhone to PC using USB in the vice versa
It's far easier to use MobiMover than iTunes, right? More than that, as a one-stop iPhone data manager, MobiMover is still good at backing up iPhone data to the computer in an accessible and readable way, which can't be realized by iTunes. How to do it? Move on to get answers.
Supported data types for iPhone to PC transfer
Photos: Camera Roll, Photo Library, Photo Stream, Photo Videos
Videos: Movies, TV shows, Music Videos
Audios: Music, Ringtones, Voice Memos, Audiobooks, Playlists
Others: Contacts, Notes, Messages, Voice Mails, Books, and Safari Bookmarks
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to your PC with a USB cable. Then launch EaseUS MobiMover and go to "Phone to PC" > "Next".
Step 2. Check the types of files you want to transfer and click "Transfer". You can specify a location to keep the transferred items in advance. Otherwise, they will be placed on Desktop by default.
Step 3. Wait for the transfer process to finish. When it has done, go to the selected folder to check the items.
With EaseUS MobiMover, you can simply and fast sync data between the iOS device and computer or between two iOS devices, such as transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud. Well, if you don't want to install any third-party software on your PC, you can use iTunes in Method 2 to put files to iPhone from PC.
Was This Page Helpful?
Myra joined EaseUS in 2017. As a big fan of Apple products, she mainly focuses on iOS data transfer and iOS troubleshooting tips. Meanwhile, she is expanding her knowledge and skills in other fields like data recovery and disk management. Myra is open-minded and likes both extensive and intensive reading. Other than reading and writing, she is also fond of mobile games and K-pop stars.
How to Delete All Photos from iPhone in 3 Ways
Myra/Apr 18, 2023
Free Software to Transfer Music to iPhone or from iPhone to Computer
Myra/Apr 18, 2023
How to Transfer iPhone to iPhone 14 | Full Guide
Myra/Apr 18, 2023
How to Transfer Contacts from iCloud to iCloud with Ease
Myra/Apr 18, 2023