AirDrop provides an effortless way to transfer files from one Apple product to another over a Wi-Fi network. For example, many individuals use it to quickly send photos from an iPhone to their Mac, which saves time waiting for iCloud Photo Library to sync. When you have many pictures to transfer, that often triggers your curiosity about "How to transfer more than 25 photos using AirDrop?"
|⏱️Time Duration||It depends on the file size and network.|
|📱Things You Need||Apple Devices: The sender's device has to be near the recipient's.|
This article will answer your question and offer an alternative way to help you easily send more than 25 photos between Apple devices.
Apple never specifies a limit on the number of photos you can transfer via AirDrop. You can transfer more than 25 photos using AirDrop at the same time. Theoretically, you can AirDrop as many photos as you like from one device to another.
However, you're likely to encounter certain limitations in practice, and airdropping more than 25 photos might fail. For example,
- The connection between the two devices is unstable and slow.
- The bulk photo transfer takes longer time than you prepare.
- There is not enough storage space on your iPhone, the receiving iPad, or Mac.
When all requirements are met, it is time to know how to AirDrop photos from iPhone to iPhone or from iPhone to Mac and vice versa.
Step 1. Get Your Device Ready for AirDrop
Both the sender's and the recipient's devices should be properly configured for connecting to guarantee a seamless and successful AirDrop transfer. The preparations include:
- Turn on Wi-Fi and connect to a fast and stable Wi-Fi network on both devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth on both devices.
- Turn off Personal Hotspot on both iPhones.
Step 2. Adjust AirDrop Settings
To simplify the process of AirDrop transfer, it is advised that the person you're sending to has the AirDrop set to receive from everyone.
How to Adjust AirDrop Settings on iPhone/iPad:
- Go to "Settings" > "General" > "AirDrop."
- Tap on "Everyone" and exit the Settings app.
- If you can't change the Receiving Off to Everyone, navigate to "Settings" > "Screen Time" > "Content & Privacy Restrictions," and turn it off.
How to Adjust AirDrop Settings on Mac:
- Open the Finder app and select "AirDrop" in the sidebar.
- Click the blue text saying "Allow me to be discovered by" and choose "Everyone."
Step 3. Select All Photos You Would Like to Transfer
If you are going to transfer more than 25 photos using AirDrop, it takes extra tricks to do so than sending just one single picture.
How to Select Multiple Photos on iPhone/iPad:
- Open the Photos app and go to the "Library."
- Tap on the "Select" button in the screen's upper-right corner.
- Tap on each of the 25+ photos that you want to transfer to give it a blue tick mark.
How to Select Multiple Photos on Mac:
- Open the Finder or Photos apps where the images to be transferred are.
- With the Command key pressed all the time, left-click on each of the 25+ photos you want to transfer to highlight them. Alternatively, you can click on an empty space in the folder and use the cursor to make a selection box that contains all the photos.
Step 4. Send the 25+ Photos via AirDrop
Now you can use AirDrop to send all the photographs you've chosen to transfer.
- Tap or click the Share icon (a box with an upward arrow).
- Select "AirDrop" in the options for sharing.
- When the device or the profile name you are sending more than 25 photos to shows up, select it.
Step 5. Receive Photos on the Recipient's Device
An alert will pop up on the device of the person receiving the photos, asking him or her to accept or decline the transfer. The receiver taps on "Accept," and AirDrop will open the same app to store the sent photos.
You could run into problems when using AirDrop to send large amounts of files, say more than 25 images, at a time. For example, AirDrop is not working and waiting, and some image files are missing. Why not consider using a file transfer tool to a file transfer application to benefit from quick and secure data transmission across Apple products?
EaseUS MobiMover Pro is one of the best AirDrop alternatives that can transfer a variety of files between any two iPhones, iPads, iPods, and Macs. With it, you can transfer unlimited photos, images, and graphics without losing the original quality. Videos, contacts, call history, messages, calendar events, and other file types are supported as well.
How to transfer more than 25 photos from iPhone to Mac with EaseUS MobiMover
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable. Run EaseUS MobiMover, choose "Phone to Mac" and click the "Next" button to continue.
Step 2. Check the category/categories you want to copy from your iPhone to Mac. As you can see, you can copy other supported files together with photos from your iPhone to Mac all at once. After that, don't forget to customize the storage path for the exported photos unless you want to save them on your desktop.
Step 3. Now, click the "Transfer" button to start transferring photos or other files from your iPhone to Mac without iTunes. Exporting files from iPhone to Mac with MobiMover is the right way for backup to avoid unexpected data loss.
The Bottom Line
Your question about how to AirDrop more than 25 photos at once is addressed in this article. The method applies to all Apple devices that support the AirDrop features, such as iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac.
Moving a large number of image files via AirDrop at once can take a long time at a slow internet speed. In this situation, sending more than 25 photos with EaseUS MobiMover over a wired connection is the best option because it is unaffected by the internet connection.
FAQs on How to Transfer More Than 25 Photos Using AirDrop
Here are some questions that people often ask. Read to find the answers.
1. How many photos can you AirDrop at once?
There is no theoretical limit to the number of photos you can AirDrop at one time.
2. Can you AirDrop 1000 photos?
In theory, you can AirDrop 1000 photos. However, in practice, the constraints like Wi-Fi connection speed and the available storage on the receiving device may prevent the transfer from succeeding.
3. How do I share 100 photos on my iPhone?
Apart from AirDropping photos between Apple devices, you can share 100 photos with an iCloud link if you have iCloud Photos turned on. The iCloud link will be valid for 30 days, and during this period, you can share it by Message or Mail to anyone who wants to view it.
Was This Page Helpful?
Myra joined EaseUS in 2017. As a big fan of Apple products, she mainly focuses on iOS data transfer and iOS troubleshooting tips. Meanwhile, she is expanding her knowledge and skills in other fields like data recovery and disk management. Myra is open-minded and likes both extensive and intensive reading. Other than reading and writing, she is also fond of mobile games and K-pop stars.
Myra/Aug 15, 2023
Myra/Aug 25, 2023
Myra/Sep 05, 2023
Myra/Sep 05, 2023