AirDrop is an ad-hoc file-sharing service available on devices running Mac OS X Lion and later or iOS 7 and later, namely Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod. With AirDrop, you are able to send photos, videos, contacts, websites, documents, and more from one AirDrop-supported device to another wirelessly. For example, you can:
- AirDrop from iPhone to iPhone
- AirDrop from iPhone to iPad
- AirDrop from Mac to iPhone
So, how do I airdrop? Besides, since AirDrop requires Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to work, you need to make sure both of the devices are within the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth range. If you are ready, read on to see how to AirDrop from iPhone to iPhone with ease.
It's quite easy to AirDrop from iPhone to iPhone. First of all, you need to enable Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and AirDrop on both of your iPhones. Then, you can AirDrop files from iPhone to iPhone in your iPhone apps.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone using AirDrop:
Step 1. Turn on AirDrop on your iPhones.
- Swipe down/up from the top/bottom of your iPhone screen to open "Control Center".
- In Control Center, turn on both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Then enable AirDrop and choose "Contacts Only" or "Everyone".
Step 2. Send data from iPhone to iPhone using AirDrop. For example:
- To AirDrop photos from iPhone to iPhone: Go to the Photos app, select the photos you want to transfer, tap the "Share" button, and choose "AirDrop" and the target device. Afterward, tap "Accept" in the prompt on the target device to start the data sharing.
- To AirDrop contacts from iPhone to iPhone: Go to the Contacts app on the source device, tap the contact you want to send, choose "Share Contact", and then select the target device's name. Tap "Accept" on the target device to start receiving the contact.
If AirDrop is not working on your iPhone, go to the related guide for fixes.
Now, you know how to AirDrop iPhone to iPhone. In addition to transferring data from iPhone to iPhone, you may also want to share files between iPhone and Mac. If so, follow the steps below to learn how to enable AirDrop on a Mac.
To turn on AirDrop on Mac:
Step 1. On your Mac, open Finder and choose "Go" > "AirDrop".
Step 2. If Bluetooth is disabled currently, click the "Turn on Bluetooth" button to enable the service.
Step 3. Set the option "Allow me to be discovered by" as "Contacts Only" or "Everyone".
Afterward, you will be able to use AirDrop to share files between your devices. For detailed steps, go to the guide on how to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac.
Although AirDrop is quite helpful, there are still some drawbacks of using this service. For example, many users have encountered the failure to use it to AirDrop iPhone to iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Besides, if you are going to AirDrop contacts, you can only send one item each time. That means it will be quite time-consuming if you are looking to transfer lots of files.
Given that, there should be an alternative choice for you to share files between your iOS devices or between an iOS and a computer. And that is what the iPhone transfer software tool - EaseUS MobiMover can do. With it, you can also back up iPhone without iCloud.
Download EaseUS MobiMover to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone:
Simple steps to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone with EaseUS MobiMover
- Download and launch EaseUS MobiMover on your computer.
- Connect both iPhones to the computer with compatible USB cables.
- Choose the "Phone to Phone" mode.
- Select the data type you want to transfer and click "Transfer" to start the process.
- Wait for the transfer process to finish.
- After it is completed, click "Transfer More" if you want to move other files to the target iPhone.
Did You Get All the Methods to AirDrop iPhone to iPhone?
Now you know how to AirDrop from iPhone to iPhone, iPad, iPod, or even Mac. Whether you want to AirDrop photos from iPhone to iPhone or AirDrop contacts from Mac to iPhone, it's now easy for you to do. If AirDrop is not working on any of your devices and you can't solve it, you can use the iPhone data transfer tool to get things done.
FAQs on How to AirDrop from iPhone to iPhone
1. Why can't I AirDrop from iPhone to iPhone?
There are some things you need to check if you can't AirDrop from iPhone to iPhone. First, make sure both the iPhones are unlocked. Then check if the Bluetooth is enabled.
2. Do I need WiFi to AirDrop?
AirDrop can be used without WiFi, however, it is advised. When both devices are linked to the same WiFi network, AirDrop performs best. AirDrop can function using Bluetooth if WiFi is not available.
3. What kind of files can airdrop from iPhone to iPhone?
You may wirelessly share your photographs, movies, websites, locations, and more with Mac computers and other nearby devices via AirDrop.
If you have any further queries or worries concerning this guide, you're welcome to get in touch with me on Twitter. Share this post with your friends if you find it helpful!
Was This Page Helpful?
Myra joined EaseUS in 2017. As a big fan of Apple products, she mainly focuses on iOS data transfer and iOS troubleshooting tips. Meanwhile, she is expanding her knowledge and skills in other fields like data recovery and disk management. Myra is open-minded and likes both extensive and intensive reading. Other than reading and writing, she is also fond of mobile games and K-pop stars.
Jean/Sep 26, 2023
Myra/Sep 28, 2023
Myra/Jul 28, 2023
Sofia Albert/Jul 31, 2023