AirDrop is a file transfer tool that enables you to import files wirelessly without a network connection between Apple devices. With it, you can simultaneously transfer photos, videos, music, and more file types, and it empowers you to decide which files to save or reject. Moreover, from the information security aspect, you can change your privacy settings if you don't want unauthorized users to share files.
However, nothing comes flawlessly. AirDrop gets its drawbacks: since it is a feature designed by Apple, it only goes with Apple devices. Therefore, if you are a Windows user, you cannot access it on your computer. Don't worry because this article has listed the seven best AirDrop alternatives for Windows that you can choose from as per your situation.
Let's look at the following table for a quick review:
|EaseUS MobiMover||Super Easy||
Windows, iOS, Mac
|Free with varying paid options||Yes|
|SendAnywhere||Easy||Web-Based||Free with varying paid options||Yes|
Windows, Mac, Android, iOS
Android, iOS, Windows, Mac
EaseUS MobiMover is a professional tool for free transferring files from iPhone to PC. However, it does more than transfer files. For example, when you do encounter not enough storage space on your iPhone, you can use it to move photos, videos, movies, and so on; when you need to access iPhone files on Mac or PC, EaseUS MobiMover is a great helper; even when you have problem with downloading audio or video files, MobiMover offers a chance to download online videos from 1000+ websites.
Key Features of EaseUS MobiMover:
- One-click transfer and backup are the most distinctive features of MobiMover. You can back up your iPhone to the laptop only in one click. And this software supports WhatsApp backup from iPhone to PC.
- It supports many file types, such as music, voice memos, ringtones, movies, videos, messages, and contacts.
- It supports file transfer from laptop to iPhone and vice versa; by the way, Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, and 7, as well as iPhone 4s - 14 Pro, are compatible with MobiMover.
- It is super easy to operate with a clear and simple interface; one click to transfer and back up files.
- It is compatible with various file types compared with AirDrop, which cannot transfer audio files, music, and videos from Apple devices.
- An appropriate cable is required to connect your device to a Windows computer.
- It needs a network connection.
Windows Nearby Sharing
Windows Nearby Sharing is an in-built app in Windows for the AirDrop alternative, first introduced in 2018 that came with Windows 10. It is designed to share multimedia, website links, and documents between nearby devices (this is where the name comes from) through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
You can access it on your Notification panel or in Settings. If you haven't enabled it on your Windows 10/11, you can go to Settings and find System, where you can turn Nearby sharing on in the Shared Experiences section.
- It is safe to use since it is an in-built installation.
- It is available on Android, ChromeOS, and Microsoft Windows.
- Internet is not necessary since you can transfer data through Bluetooth.
- It only supports Windows 11 and Windows 10 (version 1803 and later). If your Windows is running the older version, update your computer first.
SendAnywhere is another AirDrop alternative for Windows that can transfer files from iPhone devices to Windows 11 anywhere. The most distinctive advantage of this software is that you can send your files to the app without being near the aimed device you want to move your files to, just as the name of the software tells you. What's more, feel free to use it if you are an Android user because it supports the Android system. By the way, it won't compress the size of your files during the transferring procedure, so you don't have to worry that it will reduce the file quality when you send videos and photos.
- No distance problem. You can transfer files anywhere you are.
- It supports Windows and Android systems. Moreover, it is unnecessary to download it as long as you access its website.
- 10 GB storage space for the free version can satisfy most users.
- Internet is required, and cloud storage is used.
- When you transfer files, you will receive a 6-digit key valid within 10 minutes.
- 20 GB file size limit for the free version, and $5.99 per month for more storage space and a quicker transfer speed.
Snapdrop is an open-source one that works online, unlike other software you need to download, although you can choose to download and install it on your Windows PC if you transfer files a lot. It is easy to use with a straightforward interface, so you don't need to experience a setup process like what you do with AirDrop. Instead, open the website on the devices, and you can drag and drop the desired files to achieve the transfer. In addition, Snapdrop allows you to share different files with multiple devices using the same network.
- Safe to use. P2P file transfer mode to avoid invasion of privacy because it does not store any files on the servers.
- Convenient to use, one-click to detect devices, and without downloading software.
- Strong dependence on the network. The transfer speed would be low so that you cannot share multiple files simultaneously (better to import one file at a time).
- Not compatible with Safari and Internet Explorer. Snapdrop uses WebRTC.
SHAREit is a Lenovo transfer software allowing you to transfer files between your smartphone and Windows or Mac computers over the Wi-Fi network. Besides, it will generate a QR code to help you connect your mobile device and a computer. Once associated with SHAREit, you can share any file at any number at a time without file size limitations.
Apart from file transfer, this software can control PowerPoint with your mobile phone, remotely view phone files on a PC, and stream videos from phones to computers.
- It uses Wi-Fi instead of data to avoid data charges.
- It has no file size limitation.
- It sends files faster than Bluetooth does.
- It supports Windows, Windows Mobile, Android, iOS, and OSX.
- Ads may annoy users. You have to watch advertising videos when using this software to send files.
- The file numbers influence transfer speed.
The extremely simple interface is the most user-friendly thing about FileDrop. A couple of taps complete the file transfer process: choose the gadget and the desired files, click send button, and you will already finish the whole process. Alternatively, by dragging a selected file into the FileDrop window, you can see the file appearing on other connected devices using the same network.
For the preparation phase, FileDrop automatically detects the devices when they are in the vicinity, and you will receive a 4-digit code to the fail-safe code entry system. Then you can transfer files immediately from your phone to a computer, whether a Windows computer or a Mac.
- It is available on all platforms for free: Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac.
- There is no limit on file size.
- The transfer speed is slow. However, you can choose to transfer the small files.
- It contains ads.
Zapya is a free file-sharing app available on all platforms, so it is suitable for users with devices made by different companies. Compared with some software requiring users to repurchase for Windows when they have already bought the same software for OSX, Zapya is a good choice; again, it is accessible across all platforms.
It is self-proclaimed "the fastest file transfer tool," capable of transferring files across many platforms at up to 10 megabytes per second. Although Zapya is more complex than Snapdrop, it is usable and allows you to share most file types with connected devices unnecessarily using bandwidth.
Furthermore, connecting devices only requires a few clicks, and then you can transfer files from iPhones to computers. It is also a great helper when you change a new phone because it enables you to transfer data from an old phone to a new one.
- It is accessible on all platforms and is web-based.
- No file size limit.
- Share files without necessary bandwidth.
- It is more complex compared with other alternatives in this list.
- It is expected to wait longer when sharing large files from a computer to a phone and vice versa.
Since Apple doesn't give permission to share files with non-Apple users, thus, this article offers seven choices to substitute AirDrop to help you cross the boundaries and transfer files without brand limits. Each tool of the seven has advantages and disadvantages, and you can choose the best one depending on your condition.
A special mention for EaseUS MobiMover can transfer data with one click. If you haven't experienced such convenience, download it and try it!
AirDrop Alternatives for Windows FAQs
Walk through the following questions and answers to learn more about the AirDrop alternatives for Windows.
1. What is the Android and Windows equivalent of AirDrop?
As you can see in this article, we have listed the seven best AirDrop alternatives for Windows, some of which also support Android systems, such as SendAnywhere, SHAREit, FileDrop, and Zapya.
2. What is Google's alternative to AirDrop?
Android Nearby Share allows Android users to transfer files from one Android phone to another. Once the devices are connected, you can transfer the desired files quickly and safely, resembling AirDrop.
3. Can I AirDrop to a Windows 11 PC?
You cannot use AirDrop on a Windows computer because AirDrop is not compatible with the Windows system, and can not access it on your PC. However, it doesn't mean you can't share files or data from iPhone to Windows. Again, EaseUS MobiMover is a great helper.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
Myra joined EaseUS in 2017. As a big fan of Apple products, she mainly focuses on iOS data transfer and iOS troubleshooting tips. Meanwhile, she is expanding her knowledge and skills in other fields like data recovery and disk management. Myra is open-minded and likes both extensive and intensive reading. Other than reading and writing, she is also fond of mobile games and K-pop stars.
3 Free Ways to Donwload YouTube Audio to iPhone/iPad
Sofia Albert/Apr 24, 2023
How to Download Bilibili Videos with 4 Bilibili Downloaders
Sofia Albert/Apr 18, 2023
7 Things Everyone Needs to Know About Live Photos
Sofia Albert/Apr 25, 2023
How to Delete Apps on iPhone 11 [iOS 11 and Newer]
Sofia Albert/Apr 18, 2023