Applies to: iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad, and iPad Mini
Is It Possible to Reset iPad Without Password
Although there is more than one situation in which you may need to reset your iPad without a passcode, the main reason is probably that you are locked out of your iPad and can't remember the password anymore. Or the iPad is disabled and you can do nothing but factory reset it.
By a factory reset, you can erase data and settings, including the lock screen passcode, on the iPad. Afterward, you are able to set up the iPadOS device again and create a new passcode.
Then how to factory reset the iPad if you forgot the password? Usually, there are four common ways for you to get it done:
- Solution 1. Reset iPad without Password with an iOS Unlocker
- Solution 2. Factory Reset iPad Without Password via iTunes
- Solution 3. Remotely Erase iPad Without Passcode via Find My iPhone
- Solution 4. Reset iPad to Factory Settings Without the Passcode or Computer
Before you start, I want to stress again that all the ways below will wipe your iPad and you will lose everything if you don't have a backup available.
Solution 1. How to Reset iPad without Password with an iOS Unlocker
If you prefer a straightforward way to unlock an iPad without a password, you should try iPhone unlock software like EaseUS MobiUnlock. It is able to reset, erase, or unlock an iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch without a password and helps to remove 4-digit code, 6-digit code, Touch ID, and Face ID. Thus, such an iOS unlocker is helpful when you need to:
- Reset an iPad without a password
- Fix a disabled iPhone
- Unlock an iPhone or iPad without a passcode
- Wipe an iPad to factory settings without a password
To reset an iPad without a password:
Step 1. Plug your iPod into the computer with a USB cable and open EaseUS MobiXpert. Select "Phone Unlocker" from the main screen. Then, you will navigate to the EaseUS MobiUnlock interface.
Step 2. Select "Unlock Screen Passcode" from the interface of EaseUS MobiUnlock.
Step 3. Click on the "Start" button after your device is detected by EaseUS MobiUnlock.
Step 4. Click "Next" to download a suitable firmware for your device. Or you can also click "Select" at the bottom of the window to select the existing availbale firmware if you've previously downloaded one.
Step 5. After downloading firmware, click "Unlock Now" to continue. In a new warning window, enter the information required in the box and click "Unlock" again.
Step 6. Wait for the unlock process to complete. Then, your iPod touch will be erased and taken to its original settings.
Solution 1. How to Factory Reset iPad Without Passcode via iTunes
Performing a factory reset via iTunes can permanently wipe out all data and settings, along with passcode, from the iPad. After resetting, you can set up the iPhone as a new device.
To factory reset the iPad without a password using iTunes:
Step 1. Connect your iPad to a computer and open iTunes.
Step 2. Put your iPad into Recovery Mode. The process varies depending on the model of your iPad
iPad with Home button:
- Hold down the "Top" and "Side" button until the power off appears on the screen, and drag the slider to turn off your iPad.
- Hold down the "Home" button, meanwhile, connect your iPad to the computer.
- Release the "Home" button until you see the iTunes displaying a message "iTunes has detected an iPad in a recovery mode."
iPad with Face ID:
- Press and hold both the "Home" and "Power" buttons at the same time until you see the power off slider, and then drag the slider to turn off your iPad.
- Keep holding down the "Top" button and meanwhile connect your iPad to the computer.
- Let go of the "Top" button after you see the recovery mode screen, which means you are in a DFU mode.
Step 3. When you enter the recovery mode, iTunes will pop up a window that enables you to restore or update your iPad, click on "Restore."
Solution 3. How to Unlock iPad Without Passcode via Find My iPad
If you don't want to use iTunes or install any third-party program on your computer, then you can factory reset an iPad without a passcode via Find My [Device]. To use this feature, make sure you've previously enabled it on your iPad. Then, you can follow the simple steps below to erase your iPad.
To wipe an iPad without a passcode:
Step 1. Visit iCloud.com on your computer.
Step 2. Sign in using the Apple ID and password you use on the locked iPad.
Step 3. Once you logged in, click "Find iPhone" among the options.
Step 4. Click on "All Devices" at the top of the screen and select the iPad you want to reset.
Step 5. Choose "Erase iPad" and click "Erase" to reset your iPad without passcode.
Solution 4. How to Reset iPad to Factory Settings Without Passcode or Computer
To reset iPad to factory settings without passcode or computer, you can use Find My app to complete this task. To use this method, here are some preparations you need to make.
- Prepare another iOS device with the Find My app installed
- Make sure your iPad's Find My [device] feature has been turned on
- Make sure your iPad has connected to the internet
Step 1. Open the Find My app on another iOS device.
Step 2. Choose the Devices tab.
Step 3. Select your iPad from the list.
Step 4. Scroll down and choose "Erase This Device."
Step 5. Select "Erase This [device]."
Overall, that's all about solutions to reset the iPad without a passcode. As you can see, each method has pros and cons when it comes to resetting the iPad. You can apply any one of them to reset your iPad with ease.
Was This Page Helpful?
Jean has been working as a professional website editor for quite a long time. Her articles focus on topics of computer backup, data security tips, data recovery, and disk partitioning. Also, she writes many guides and tutorials on PC hardware & software troubleshooting. She keeps two lovely parrots and likes making vlogs of pets. With experience in video recording and video editing, she starts writing blogs on multimedia topics now.
Myra/Jul 20, 2023
Sofia Albert/Aug 08, 2023
Sofia Albert/Sep 01, 2023
Myra/Sep 05, 2023