We noticed that there is a large demand to extract audio from YouTube, as sometimes we may love the music in a YouTube video more than the content. It would be cool if we can rip that amazing audio from the YouTube video. This article reviews several online and desktop YouTube audio rippers and downloaders recommended by other blogs. I have used these tools myself. The review is based on my personal feedback after using them to download audio from YouTube or convert YouTube videos into an audio file. Hope this will be useful for you. Let's get started.
1. EaseUS MobiMover - Fast YouTube Audio Ripper and Video to Audio Converter
EaseUS MobiMover is an iPhone data transfer tool that includes a video downloader. It can download videos from mainstream video sites and more than 1,000 sites are supported. The newly optimized version provides an outstanding user experience when downloading videos. You can download videos in different sizes and rip audio from YouTube videos, in MP3 or WMV. Moreover, you can download an entire YouTube playlist in MP4, MP3, or WMV.
- It supports downloading 4K videos and audio from YouTube, Instagram, Dailymotion, and other 1,000+ sites;
- You can download a YouTube playlist all at once.
- It supports multiple downloading formats - MP4, MP3, and WMV.
- It helps capture a video subtitle if there is one.
- If you are an iOS user, you can transfer downloaded videos to your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- Clean and intuitive interface with black and white themes, providing you a good user experience.
- For some extra features, you may need to pay after the free quota runs out.
- Besides the video downloader, it has several other features you may not need.
If you want to know the detailed steps, read the blog on how to rip audio from YouTube.
2. 4K YouTube to MP3 - Download YouTube Playlists and Channels
4K YouTube to MP3 is a powerful desktop YouTube audio ripper with a clean interface. It extracts three types of audio from YouTube, matching your diversified demands. It can rip audio from playlists and channels. These advanced but paid features relieve you from ripping audio from YouTube one by one. But the backward is that you need to pay for this feature.
- The paid version provides many options like downloading the entire YouTube playlist.
- It supports exporting audio in three formats, MP3, M4R, and OGG.
- It can resume paused audio downloading.
- It supports choosing audio quality.
- Here are many download options on its official sites, leaving people confused.
- You are only allowed to rip audio from one video at one time.
- There is no other export option like MP4 except for audio in 3 formats.
- More advanced paid features are only available in the paid version.
- It doesn't support extracting videos on sites other than YouTube.
3. Converto - Easy and Clean YouTube Audio Downloader
Converto.io is a fast YouTube audio downloader that can directly save YouTube videos in MP3 format. Simply copy and paste the link to the box, choose the format (MP3 or MP4), then click the button to convert. The interface of the tool is clean, without any ads. It runs in multiple languages.
- Clean UI.
- It runs in 14 languages.
- It provides simple editing to the exported MP3 file before conversion.
- It may request several clicks to start the downloading sometime.
- The download may be blocked.
- You cannot choose audio quality.
4. AmoyShare Free MP3 Finder - Free Online YouTube Audio Ripper
AmoyShare Free MP3 Finder is an online YouTube to MP3 ripper. The free online version can export audio files in 128kbps MP3. It also provides the option to export higher audio quality like 192kbps and 320 kbps, in paid Windows version. Generally speaking, this free online music downloader meets your primary demand to rip audio from YouTube videos.
- It is an online YouTube audio downloader.
- It offers multiple quality options for exported videos/audio.
- It supports ripping audio from multiple sites.
- The downloading process takes a long time.
- The exported audio quality is less satisfactory.
- More advanced features are packed in the Windows version.
5. Any Video Converter Freeware - Export Audio in Multiple Formats
Any Video Converter is a Windows video converter supporting converting between video and audio formats, namely video to video, video to audio, and audio to audio conversion. It can extract audio from YouTube videos in 2 steps. Download YouTube videos and then convert them to audio. If you only use YouTube audio ripping feature, I recommend that you try other tools that can directly export audio files in the downloading process.
- Export extracted audio in more than ten formats, including MP3, OGG, and WAV.
- It allows you to set the output audio parameters manually.
- It supports adding videos on your PC as well as online YouTube video via URLs
- It integrates other features like burning videos to DVD or video editing.
- Unfriendly UI, making it difficult to use.
- The more advanced paid version charges a high price.
- It takes a long time to convert video to audio.
- It prompts an upgrade window every time you convert a file.
- You cannot directly alter the YouTube video to an audio file in the downloading process but have to download it firstly and then convert.
6. YTMP3 Video Converter - Simple Online YouTube Audio Downloader
YTMP3 video converter ranks for the first position when I searched "YouTube audio ripper" in Google. This is the reason why it is on my list of review. But it seems that the tool doesn't deserve such a good rank. The download option is very basic; download the YouTube video into MP4/Mp3 format or save it to Dropbox. It only supports downloading videos and audio from YouTube. Personally speaking, I don't recommend this YouTube audio ripper.
- The tool is free, as it makes the compensation by inserting ads.
- You can download videos from YouTube to MP3 and MP4 format.
- It can save the converted MP4 video or MP3 audio file to Dropbox directly.
- There is not a preview option for the video thumbnail.
- It supports downloading or ripping audio from online YouTube videos only.
- Batch YouTube to audio conversion is not supported.
- You need to turn off Adblock or antivirus extension to use this online audio ripper.
- It contains ads that might lead you to malicious sites.
We have also prepared a list of top audio joiners for you in case you need to join the ripped audio.
After reviewing the above YouTube audio ripper, my mind has completely changed. I used to think that many online tools do the work perfectly. However, the truth is not this case. Most online YouTube audio rippers or downloaders have the following drawbacks.
- The audio downloading may be blocked and doesn't start.
- Some online version offers limited function, inducing you to download the desktop version.
- Most online YouTube audio rippers contain ads.
- The free quota may be small.
- Some online YouTube audio extractors may lead to harmful sites.
If you rip audio from YouTube only one or two times, you can choose the online YouTube audio ripper. While, if you download YouTube videos in audio frequently or ask for higher audio quality, some desktop YouTube audio rippers like EaseUS MobiMover would be a good choice for you. You can choose according to our review.
Was This Page Helpful?
Daisy is the Senior editor of the writing team for EaseUS. She has been working in EaseUS for over ten years, starting from a technical writer to a team leader of the content group. As a professional author for over 10 years, she writes a lot to help people overcome their tech troubles.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone in 6 Ways
Myra/Apr 18, 2023
AirDrop from iPhone to PC | How to Do It
Myra/Apr 19, 2023
Transfer Notes from iPad to Computer with 4 Easy Methods
Myra/Feb 22, 2023
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to HP Laptop
Myra/Apr 26, 2023