Closing unwanted apps on iPhone can free up running memory and make your iPhone faster. The way to close apps on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus is same as that of previous iPhone by double-clicking the Home button and swiping up the apps you want to close. However, there is no Home button on iPhone X and then how to close apps on iPhone X properly? Read this article and learn the simple tips to close apps on iPhone 8/8 Plus and iPhone X. Meanwhile, we also recommend an all-in-one iPhone manager - EaseUS MobiMover Free to you to manage iPhone 8/8 Plus/X files with comprehensive solutions, such as put music to iPhone playlist, delete multiple or all photos from iPhone or add ringtones to iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X.
It is actually quite easy to close running apps on iPhone 8/8 Plus. If you don't want the apps indeed, you can choose to delete the apps on iPhone 8/8 Plus to make more room for new files.
1. Double-press the Home button and display the multitasking interface. If you encounter multitasking not working in iOS 11, fix the issue timely.
2. Find the apps you don't want to use and swipe up to close them with ease.
As the Home button on iPhone X has been removed, then the way to close apps on iPhone X is different that of iPhone 8/8 Plus. We offer you two simple quick ways to close apps on iPhone X. If you want to delete apps on iPhone X to free up more space, a topic page is online for you.
1. Scroll up from the bottom of the screen, and pause in the middle of the screen for a few seconds. Then, you can preview all running apps.
2. Press and hold the app preview until a red short line (-) symbol appears.
3. Swipe up or tap the short line (-) symbol, and you can close the running apps now.
1. Scroll up and then swipe right instead of holding for several seconds, which can also show the multitasking screen with all running apps.
2. Press and hold the app preview, you can see a red line (-) symbol appears. Swipe up or click the red line symbol, you can close the apps on iPhone X.
There are many more operations you can do to manage your iPhone 8/8 Plus/X with the comprehensive solutions provided by MobiMover Free, such as add ringtones to iPhone 8, put music to iPhone X without iTunes, delete apps on iPhone X to free up space and many more. Besides, as the most popular iPhone data transfer program, MobiMover Free enables you to transfer data between iPhone and computer or between two iOS devices in one-click. Follow tips show you how to use MobiMover Free to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone 8/iPhone X.
Step 1. Connect both your old iPhone and new iPhone X/8 to your computer with compatible USB cables and tap "Trust This Computer" on both devices. Run EaseUS MobiMover and select the "Phone to Phone" mode on the main screen. Choose the direction from the old iPhone to the new iPhone X/8 and click "Next".
Step 2. MobiMover will automatically read and load all the files on your iPhone. Choose the desired type of files and click "Transfer".
Step 3. It will now start transferring selected data from iPhone to iPhone X/8 straightly and efficiently. Don't disconnect your devices until the process finished. MobiMover will send the data to its corresponding application, such as pictures to Photos, songs to Music, movies to Videos, etc..