When you take a screenshot on iPhone or iPad in iOS 11, a thumbnail preview will occur on the lower-right corner. When you tap it, it will appear in the corner of the screen and enables you to share the screenshot with others or edit with adding text, signature, and magnifier. iOS 11 screenshot preview brings a lot convenience and you will find it is unaccustomed if the iPhone screenshot thumbnail preview not working. Then, how to fix the screenshot thumbnail preview not working in iOS 11 on iPhone or iPad? Read on to get answers.
Screenshot preview in iOS 11 provides you quick access to edit and share the screenshot info as an image. If it doesn't work normally, following tips below to easily troubleshoot.
The iDevice restarting can effectively fix many small issues, like iOS 11 screen recording not working, live wallpaper not working, Apps can’t download, etc..
Restart iPhone X
Restart iPhone 8/7/6 and iPad
If your iPhone 8 keeps freezing or iPad can't work properly, you are afraid of needing a device hard reset, which isn’t the same as normally restart.
Force restart iPhone 8/8 Plus/X
Force restart iPhone 7/7 Plus
Force restart iPhone 6, 6S and earlier and iPad
After you've force restarted your iPhone/iPad, try and check if the screenshot has been fixed. If not, go on with deeper level solutions.
Each iOS update will fix the bugs in the previous version. For some devices, the screenshot thumbnail preview not working in iOS 11 may be caused by system bugs.
Go to Settings > General > Software Update > check if there is a new update available. If yes, download and install the latest iOS 11 version.
If the iOS 11 screenshot thumbnail preview still not working correctly, please continue to restore iPhone with iTunes backup.
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer via a USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes and click on the device icon in the upper left corner of iTunes.
3. Click Restore Backup. When the option appears, choose the latest iTunes backup and click Restore. If you have encrypted the iTunes backup, you need to enter the password to unlock the iPhone backup.
If the iTunes doesn't recognize your device when you try to restore iPhone from iTunes backup, you might need to use recovery mode and reset your iPhone again to fix iOS 11 screenshot thumbnail not working problem. This is also the deepest type of restore you can try.
1. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. Please make sure your iTunes is the latest version.
2. Force restart your device by using the method in Tip 2. But, don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo, wait until the connect to iTunes screen appears.
3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall latest iOS to your device without erasing your data. Wait patiently when iTunes is downloading the software for your device. If the process takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits the connect to iTunes screen, repeat the device force restart.
4. After the update process has finished, reset your iPhone again and check the screenshot preview works properly or not.
4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 10 votes
What’s also important is that our own analyses, as well as numerous customer reviews of EaseUS MobiMover, show that this software is reliable, user-friendly, and an efficient option for managing your data between devices.Read More
EaseUs MobiMover solves this problem as it allows you to transfer data from an iPhone to a Mac, Mac to an iPhone, or from one iPhone to another iPhone fast.Read More
EaseUS MobiMover is a program that allows you to share files between your iOS device and your PC in an easy manner. This is very useful, since both operative systems are not compatible.Read More
EaseUS MobiMover for Mac and PC is a powerful tool for transferring data from your Apple mobile device to your computer, managing the variety of files that you create, and moving those huge videos quickly.Read More