Safari is the official tool to surf the Internet on iPhone and iPad, by which users can visit the website and read online contents. Each time you browse the websites, the links history, and websites data are automatically kept on your iPhone. And after a period of time, the quantity of history and websites data is considerable that will absolutely take lots of space and records your private information, such as account name and password. Therefore, for freeing up iPhone space and keep your privacy safe, it is quite necessary for you to clear history on iPhone. And in this post, we will talk about how to clear history on iPhone 8/8 Plus in two effective and free methods.
To clear Safari history and websites data on iPhone 8/8 Plus, you can refer to iPhone Settings to make it. See detailed steps below.
1. Open your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, then go to Settings.
2. Scroll down until you see "Safari", then tap it.
3. Scroll down and to find "Clear History and Website Data".
4. Tap "Clear History and Website Data", and a pop-up window will appear to warn you the clearing will remove history, cookies, and other browsing data. Tap "Clear History and Data" to confirm the deletion.
Safari history and websites data also can be cleaned directly within Safari.
1. Launch Safari app on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, then tap the book-like icon "Bookmarks" button in the bottom.
2. Tap "History" and all the history records will be displayed.
3. Tap "Clear" in the lower right corner and you will see clear from "The last hour, Today, Today and yesterday, and All time" to clean the cookies and website data from this iPhone. Choose one clear type based on your needs.