Finding your iPad unavailable and locked is surely a frustrating experience for every iPad user. iPads are one of the premium products of Apple and are known for a seamless experience that can help you stay connected, productive, and entertained. However, like other Apple products, it also has a fair share of its problems, like getting permanently disabled.
If your iPad has become permanently disabled, don't worry, as there are ways to unlock it. This article will teach you how to unlock disabled iPad using four methods.
How to Unlock Disabled iPad with EaseUS MobiUnlock
Do you want to know the best answer to how to unlock a disabled iPad? If you don't want to go through the hassle of checking requirements for all the methods, or you're looking for an easy fix to unlock disabled iPad without iTunes, the best option is to use EaseUS MobiUnlock. It is the best iOS screen unlock software that is currently available. You don't have to worry about anything, as it is a trusted and reliable tool to unlock all iOS devices.
Key Features of EaseUS MobiUnlock
- It can unlock all types of screen locks like a passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID from all iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads.
- EaseUS MobiUnlock uses advanced algorithms to unlock devices quickly and efficiently, saving you time and hassle.
- Using this tool, you can remove the old Apple ID from your iOS devices in case you have forgotten its credentials.
- With this tool, you can also turn off iTunes backoff encryption without password if you have forgotten the code.
Steps to Unlock Disabled iPad Without iTunes
Learning how to unlock a disabled iPad with EaseUS MobiUnlock is straightforward and quick. You can use these steps to unlock disabled iPad without iTunes:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS MobiUnlock and connect your disabled iPhone or iPad to the computer, select "Unlock Screen Passcode" from the home page of EaseUS MobiUnlock.
Step 2. Once EaseUS MobiUnlock recognizes your device, click "Start" to proceed.
Step 3. Make sure your device model is the one you wish to unlock and then click "Next" to download an appropriate firmware for your device. (If the firmware has been downloaded already, select it instead.)
Step 4. Once the firmware verification comleted, click "Unlock Now." Then, enter some needed information in the new pop-up warning window. Once you're done, proceed by clicking on "Unlock."
Step 5. After a few second, your disabled iPhone or iPad will be unlocked successfully.
How to Unlock Disabled iPad with iTunes
If you have a Windows computer, you can also unlock your disabled iPad with iTunes. It is the official iOS device manager for Windows by Apple. Your iPad needs to be in Recovery Mode for this process to work. Moreover, you will lose all your iPad data during the process. Here is how to unlock disabled iPad with iTunes:
Step 1. First, Install and launch the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Now connect your iPad to the computer and enable Recovery Mode. Use the following guide to enable Recovery Mode:
- For iPad without Home Button: Connect the iPad and quickly press and release the "Volume" button closest to the "Top" button. Perform this same instruction with the other "Volume" button. Now, press and hold the "Top" button until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- For iPad with Home Button: After connecting your iPad to the computer, simultaneously press and hold the "Home" and "Top" buttons until the Recovery Mode screen appears.
Step 2. You will see a prompt appearing in iTunes about detecting an iPad in Recovery Mode. It will have two options "Update" or "Restore." First, try "Update" and follow the on-screen instructions. If it doesn't work, use "Restore."
How to Unlock Disabled iPad with Finder
For Mac users, iTunes has been replaced by Finder since macOS Catalina. So, if you are a Mac user, you can use Finder on Mac to unlock your iPad. You will also need the latest version of Finder for this process to work smoothly. Like iTunes, Finder also needs your iPad to be in Recovery Mode for unlocking. Use these steps how to unlock disabled iPad with Finder:
Step 1. After making sure the latest macOS is installed, connect your disabled iPad to the Mac. Afterward, activate Recovery Mode on the iPad using the guides mentioned above.
Step 2. As soon as Recovery Mode is activated on your iPad, you will receive a prompt in Finder. Here, first, select "Update" and follow the instructions to see if it unlocks your iPad. Otherwise, click "Restore" to unlock your iPad.
How to Unlock Disabled iPad Without iTunes Wirelessly
Find My Service is a great way to keep track of your Apple devices. It also allows you to remotely control the Apple devices from your system for specific functions. One of these functions is the ability to erase the targeted device. If Find My was enabled for the disabled iPad, you can unlock it using iCloud. This feature makes it possible for you to unlock disabled iPad without iTunes for free. To learn how to unlock a disabled iPad with Find My Service, you should follow these steps:
Step 1. Launch the web browser on your system and open the official iCloud website. Here, log in using your Apple ID and move to "Find My."
Step 2. In the "Find My" tool, click "All Devices" and select your disabled iPad. Next, press "Erase iPad" and confirm your action by providing the Apple ID password. Once the process of removing the iPad data is complete, you can set up your iPad again.
Why Is iPad Disabled
Your iPad only gets disabled after you enter the wrong screen passcode for 10 consecutive times. The main question now is, what are the causes behind entering the wrong passcode? These causes can range from you forgetting the passcode to a prank by someone. Summarized below are a few situations which require you to learn how to unlock disabled iPad:
- Forgotten Passcode: It is the most common reason behind iPad getting permanently disabled. This situation usually occurs when you have recently changed the passcode to replace the old one you have used for a long time. In this case, you can easily forget the new passcode.
- Ghost Touch: In smartphones, the display screen can sometimes get faulty and start registering touches or taps without any input from the user. This phenomenon is known as ghost touch, and it can be responsible for consecutive wrong attempts at passcode, leading to iPad being disabled.
- Prank: Pranking people is very common nowadays, and these pranks can take any shape. So, there is a chance that someone entered the wrong passcode knowingly to disable your iPad as a prank. Similarly, a person close to you can also change the passcode as a prank leading you to enter the wrong passcode consecutively.
- Broken Touch: If the screen of your iPhone is broken, there is a chance you aren't able to type in the right password. In this situation, you will be forced to enter the wrong passcode consecutively, resulting in a disabled iPad.
FAQs on How to Unlock Disabled iPad
Have you got more questions regarding how to unlock a disabled iPad? Read the answers to the FAQs regarding this topic below:
1. How can I unlock the disabled iPad without a computer?
To unlock a disabled iPad without a computer, you can use iCloud service through these steps:
- Log into the iCloud website using your Apple ID and navigate to "Find Devices." Here click "All Devices" and select your iPad.
- Now, tap "Erase iPad" and enter your Apple ID password to start the process.
2. How can I unlock the disabled iPad without losing data?
Apple devices are known for their security and for erasing data in case a locked device is necessary. It protects your private data if your device is stolen or someone is trying to access it. But you can use a third-party tool like EaseUS MobiUnlock to access your disabled iPad without losing data.
3. How can I unlock the disabled iPad without Wi-Fi?
Use these steps to unlock disabled iPad without Wi-Fi:
- Launch the latest version of iTunes/Finder on your Computer/Mac. Now activate Recovery Mode on your iPad and connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- A prompt with the options to "Restore" or "Update" will appear in iTunes/Finder. Click "Restore" and follow the on-screen instructions to unlock the disabled iPad.
All things considered, your iPad getting disabled while frustrating and annoying is not difficult to resolve. You will lose the data during the unlocking process, but if you have a backup, it can easily be restored. As for as how to unlock a disabled iPad is concerned, the best way is to use EaseUS MobiUnlock. Using it will ensure that your iPad is unlocked safely and has no side effects.
Was This Page Helpful?
Myra joined EaseUS in 2017. As a big fan of Apple products, she mainly focuses on iOS data transfer and iOS troubleshooting tips. Meanwhile, she is expanding her knowledge and skills in other fields like data recovery and disk management. Myra is open-minded and likes both extensive and intensive reading. Other than reading and writing, she is also fond of mobile games and K-pop stars.
[Step-by-Step Guide] How to Unlock Find My iPhone
Sofia Albert/May 26, 2023
iPad Is Disabled Try Again in 15 Minutes: 3 Working Solutions
Sofia Albert/Apr 10, 2023
Why Is Your iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo and How to Fix It
Myra/Feb 03, 2023
How to Fix iPhone Unavailable Black Screen [2023 Tutorial]
Sofia Albert/Apr 10, 2023